Medical Devices & Pharmaceuticals
Industrial Vision Systems (IVS) quality control vision systems are used in all areas of medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing. By inspecting, sorting and rejecting parts at the point of manufacture our vision systems improve quality and increase line efficiency.
From gauging complex medical devices in real time through to multi camera blister inspection, we offer a range of machine vision solutions to meet the specific needs of manufacturers in the medical, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We can assist with your whole project lifecycle, helping create the initial specification requirements for vision inspection through to the complete integration, test and commissioning on your line. We have extensive knowledge of integrating vision systems into medical device production lines.
We can also work in tandem with your chosen machine builder, becoming part of their project and engineering team in delivering you a superior and robust automated machine vision system as part of a complete machine.
Contact us today on the form on the right to see how we can help with your vision project.
Typical applications include:
- Medical device dimensional inspection
- Optical sorting
- Unique Device Identification (UDI) tracking and confirmation as per FDA regulations
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)/OCV (Optical Character Verification)
- Label placement confirmation and alignment checks
- Needle point quality
- Feature presence verification
- Short and flash inspection on injection moulded devices
- Component code verification
- Particle and cosmetic inspection of bottles
- Primary packaging inspection
- Ampule, vials, cartridges, syringes or infusion bag inspection
- Line monitoring systems
- Product defect detection
- Blister pack inspection machines
- Contact lens inspection
- Tablet inspection systems
- Batch, lot and date code reading and verification
- Capsule inspection machines
- Print and text quality inspection
- Checking medical tubing and moulds
- Surface inspection for contamination
- Colour verification
- Product traceability
- Barcode and data matrix code reading
Our validation packages follow the standard International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) and Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP5) guidelines as well as assessment of validation requirements for 21 CFR 11/210/211.
As a result, our validation services help manufacturers in the pharmaceutical, medical devices, wound care, biotechnology and consumer healthcare markets to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) or GxP.
Thanks to our extensive experience, we have in-depth knowledge of installing and validating vision systems on pharmaceutical production lines and cells. This means our engineers understand the specific needs of the medical, healthcare and biotechnology industries and can identify and deliver vision solutions tailored to customers’ precise needs.
We understand that each validation project is unique and therefore requires a planned and targeted approach. By first assessing the individual requirements of a project through a process of risk assessment, we then develop all necessary project and validation documentation using either our standard templates and formats or your own if required.